Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:
Show

Oppenheimer And Co review: Corrupt William Elmore manager at Oppenheimer in Ft Lauderdale, Fl

William Elmore is a corrupt stockbroker/manager at Oppenheimer in Ft Lauderdale, Florida. He is basically a cover up fraudster and shield for his stockbrokers who churn and bilk the accounts of their senior customers. Many of the retirees in my community put their accounts at Oppenheimer in Ft Lauderdale and they all had the same experience. We would not get our account statements or would find other accounts were opened and trades were made that were not authorized. Every complaint to William Elmore was met with a cover up - he is harboring criminals in his office. We are forced to hire attorneys to sue William Elmore and Oppenheimer. There are a lot of internet articles about how corrupt the Oppenheimer is. Everyone should read these articles - they are a very corrupt firm and need to be put out of business. Willliam Elmore is nothing but a predator and a scam artist and the stockbrokers in the Ft Lauderdale office are dirty dirty dirty. Never go near Oppenheimer.
Service
Oppenheimer And Co Manager
Cons
  • Fraudulent stockbroker
  • Scam stockbroker
Poor customer service

Oppenheimer And Co review in Los Angeles, California: Crooked stockbroker William Earl Elmore in Ft Lauderdale FL with Oppenheimer

I was a customer of a stockbroker who I later learned had a reputation as a schemer who opened secret accounts for his senior customers to fleece them of their assets. I got scammed by this stockbroker who was fired from many of his prior firms. I learned he was at Oppenheimer where I have an account and contacted William Earl Elmore to file a complaint. William Earl Elmore refused to deal with the issue. Instead he covered up for and made all kinds of excuses for the stockbroker in his office who scams elderly adults. I have talked to many seniors in the community where I live and a number of them have had problems with William Earl Elmore who has bilked them out of their assets by trading without their permission in junk to earn himself huge commissions. William Earl Elmore is a crook. He financially defrauds elderly adults and conspires with and covers up for other brokers who steal their assets. His only agenda is his own greed. Boycott William Earl Elmore and Oppenheimer. Take your money away from him and Oppenheimer
Service
Oppenheimer And Co Stockbroker
Poor customer service
Tags
  • Elder Fraud
  • Crooked Stockbroker
  • Corrupt Oppenheimer

Oppenheimer And Co review in Denver, Colorado: Oppenheimer stole $700 from me last week

I had a roll over from a previous employer that I had set up online access. The $12k sat in the account for about a year and I decided I would like to be able to trade this $. Having account with Morgan Stanley and Vanguard I didn’t think it would be all that difficult. I called Oppenheimer I was told I had to fill out a form and mail it to them. On the form was an area for asset allocation and of course disclaimers all over the place. On the form I decided to split the $12k and buy two funds. I expected there would be some commission but since I wasn’t engaging with a person it would be minimum. Before receiving the purchase confirmation I checked the on line account to see there was only $11,300 in the account and a loss for the year was over 5%. I thought how can that be???? I had not YET received a confirmation for anything so I immediately called them and 5 clicks in on their purchase form there is a 5.75% commission to purchase these two funds. Yup, filled out a form and cost myself over $700 and 5% of my portfolio all in the course of a day. On the phone I asked to this fee to be credited and I would leave the $ with them. I explained no one would knowingly have 5% of their account taken. I asked them to go to their supervisor and asked them if they would give me knowingly give me $12k today for $11,300 tomorrow. I got a bunch of back and forth and in the end they said tough we are keeping your $700. My goal now is to write to anyone and everyone to tell them NOT to do business with Oppenheimer. They could have done the right thing, they just chose not to. Awful company practice. No wonder they have been fined $20,000,000 in January 2015. I suppose stealing 5% of everyone portfolio should enable them to cover this is a day or two. Poor practice and shameful business practices.

The review is for this company

Learn about OppenheimerFunds' comprehensive investment management strategies. Find information on Oppenheimer funds, plan for retirement

Robbed